Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Today's post is dedicated to The Most Wonderful Father and Husband a family could hope to have!

We Love you, Daddy!!

"The most important thing a father can do
for his children is to love their mother."
~~Author Unknown

It is a wise father that knows his own child."
~~By William Shakespeare (1564-1616)~~





What Makes a Dad

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so,

He called it ... Dad

~~Author Unknown.~~













The Best Man I Ever Knew


When we married, I saw you as perfect,
The ideal husband and more;
I thought I knew all about you,
All the things to love and adore.


But when you became a father,
I saw new qualities to treasure.
You enrich all our lives in fresh ways;
As a dad, you bring so much pleasure.


Our children are forever blessed
To have a father like you,
And I love you more than ever,
You’re the best man I ever knew.





















1 comment:

Tina Lee said...

Marisa,

This post brought me tears!