Monday, July 20, 2009

Crazy is a State of Mind

OK...so I am already accustomed to the stares, either bemused or horrified from other people as I walk into Walmart with my brood of 3. Why are they staring? Let me think about that for a minute...maybe it's because they are so close together in age ages (3, 2 and 1) , maybe it's because there are so many of them, maybe it's because they are wondering why anyone in their right mind would bring three toddlers grocery shopping in the first place or maybe because the mommy pushing the cart (me) is just starting to show.

Our fourth child is due in January and the first thing my mom said was "thank goodness you're not having another one in December!" (all three of my children have December birthdays which makes for very busy holiday season culminating in my spending several hours cross eyed and drooling in a corner:-)

My sister asked me if I was getting my tubes tied after this one and my brother just stared in disbelief. They all think that my husband and I are crazy lunatics for planning (yes ,planning)our family so close together. Meghan (our first) and Hailey (our second)are 12 months apart and Michael was born 11 months after Hailey ( Personally, I think that Hailey and Michael being the same age for almost a month is pretty cool!!)

For the record, to everyone from random strangers who feel the need to ask, to friends to members of our family..yes, my husband and I know all about birth control ....yes,all of our kids were planned... and just because it's your business and you need to know, my husband and I aren't getting any younger and if we wanted to have the large family that we both wanted, then we needed to have our children one after the other..(he's 43 and I'm 36).and YES..my hands are full but I wouldn't have it any other way.

As a family we are kind of a three ring circus, but we have alot of fun, and there is never a dull moment. I can't wait to see what Baby #4 adds to the mix!


Taking a break from the crazies: My three little cuties having a blast blowing bubbles...who could have imagined that $1.00 bubbles could buy over an hour of happiness (and relative peace and quiet for me!) GO BUBBLES!!


2 comments:

Pamela said...

I can't believe this one isn't going to pop out in December!

Jill Troche said...

Dont worry, my friend just had her 3rd baby in three years too! She had her first 6/3/2007, her second 10/3/08 and just had her third on 7/30/09 . So her last two are only 10 months apart.
My two are 15 months apart and I want to have my third and last one (I had to have 2 C-sections and will have a 3rd one with the 3rd baby...I want 4, but don't think I can handle 4 surgeries) pretty soon. I want to have the last one before my 2nd turns 2...so I gotta start trying soon, lol. My mom did it also. Me and my 2 sisters are all 18 months apart. Everyone thinks I'm crazy too!