Monday, August 4, 2008

Farmer's Fair

Last Thursday we went to the County Fair. This is the fair I went to every year when I was growing up so I wanted to start the tradition with my kids. It was pretty much the same as I remember. We walked around the 4H AG barns and saw pigs, horses, cows and sheep (the horses were Meg's favorite!). The midaway was closed when we walked by but we did stop to "fish" for a prize.

The girls and I went to the children's tent (which was pretty cool) where we made glow in the dark firefly necklaces and played in the hay maze and gathered eggs from underneath the chickens while Daddy and Michael watched the tractor pulls.

Then we walked around some more..had some yummy fair food and called it a day.. At 10 PM!!!! I was pretty impressed that the kids made it that long.


Meghan sitting in the "Fairy Garden"



Fishin' For Prizes


Craft Time!

This was the coolest part! every day they launch the Hot Air Balloons for the races (you get to stand 100 yds away and see 20 air ballons all go up at once right in front of you!)







Michael was pretty impressed by the launch...Hailey thought it was cool for about 5 minutes and then became interested in her water bottle. Meghan was a litlte scared because it was loud and busy but I think they all had fun watching.



1 comment:

Dallas said...

What a cool little fair!! The hot air balloon pics came out really good.