Sunday, December 23, 2007

Michael's Hospital Stay

Yesterday, after a restless night, Michael was admitted to the hospital with a fever of 102...Standard operating procedure dictates that any child under 28 days with a fever over 100 is to be given IV antibiotics and held over for observation for 48 hours until all the tests come back. He had several vials of blood drawn and had a spinal tap which they call a lumbar puncture (I guess to try and make it sound less scary).

So, I am happy to say that his fever broke last night and hasn't recurred so we will be going home tommorrow. Manny has been sick so little Michael probably caught whatever he had...now I am starting to get sick as well....good times...The funny thing is that I was in the hospital having Hailey on the 22nd last year and went home on the 24th..


This one I thought was funny....I took this on the way to drop the girls off at my Mom's today...the hat Meghan has on is a present from our Texas buddies Shannon and Katie! Looks nice huh?

No comments: